Saturday, January 4, 2020

Hello and Welcome....

 I'm super happy to finally get back on my blog after a very long break, I've still been posting my creations on my Facebook business page which I have found to be a much simpler process for this old chook, but with a good nudge from a fellow demonstrator (Thanks Nicole)to join a blog hop tomorrow I was persuaded to get that old grey matter moving and jump aboard the fast train into 2020.
 I thought I'd start with a little peak at the new Stampin'Up!® mini catalogue 'Handmade for you' which is just gorgeous and jam packed with soooo many beautiful new products, it was released yesterday the 3rd of January along with this year's Sale-A-Bration catalogue which is also full of must have FREE (with qualifying order) crafting tools and stamp sets. (You can see both of these catalogues in my side bar on the right) But if you would like a hard copy and don't already have a Demonstrator, I'd be happy to send you one.
  I have had fun playing with a few of the new sets and thought I show you my first one made with the set called 'Under my umbrella' which can be found on page 42 of the Hand made for you mini, the set comprises of 15 photopolymer stamps with gorgeous sentiments in pretty fonts, along with super cute umbrellas which can be cut out using the fun coordinating umbrella builder punch.
 I just punched out some umbrellas with  water colour paper and then just washed over them with my aqua brush using the following fresh colours: Granny apple green, Mango melody and Melon mambo, giving them an ombre look by letting the colour lighten up at the bottom of each brolly.
 I used thick whisper white as my base card which I masked off with post-it notes before sponging with Coastal cabana, Bermuda bay and Granny apple green. Once this has dried I dripped some water from my finger tips over the inked area and blotted with paper towels to remove some colour, leaving the illusion of rain drops, to add to this effect I also used some Shimmery crystal effects which has to my great delight been carried over from our Holiday mini.


Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you were inspired to get inky, please feel free to ask any questions or just say hi.
 Inky hugs from Charmaine

No comments:

Post a Comment