Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Back from the sick bed.

Hi there lovely paper crafters,
I'm sorry to have been MIA for the past week, but I can assure you I had a good excuse. My dear generous hubby decided to share his rotten cold/chest infection with me. It was certainly a doozy and knocked me sideways for a while, I'm now feeling much better but still coughing like a seal.
 I have been busy playing with my new white simply pressed clay today and managed to finish a few cards for a meeting at my uplines house, it was to show all the girls who didn't make it to convention what we all got up to, so I showed the demo that I did with the clay and a few of the other attendees showed some wonderful things too.
 I'll show you some of my clay samples in a later post, but for now you might like to see the wedding card I made for some close friends a couple of weeks ago. It's a rendition of one I had made before and the original card was CASEd (Copy And Share Everything) from the very talented Teneale Williams, a fellow demonstrator. I found her card on Pinterest and just fell in love with it. Mine is a bit different to the original and I'm not sure if you can see it very well, but I sprayed the finished card with some Champagne mist which I mixed in a spritzer bottle with some rubbing alcohol, if you click on the picture it will enlarge and you can see all the sparkles. I was really pleased with the finished project and the bride and groom loved it too. What do you think........?
 I used the bird punch for the love birds and the leaves, the owl punch for the hearts. I just cut the bells free hand and the "Congratulations" was from the Bitty Banners set. The embossing folder used for the background was the soon to retire Lacey Brocade.
 I used the 'Word Play' set for the 'Happy I Do day' sentiment inside as well as another Stampin' Up! embossing folder. I don't get many opportunities to use my calligraphy pen so thought I'd have a go at writing a little message for the happy couple.
Take care, lots of inky hugs from......

No comments:

Post a Comment