Sunday, May 31, 2015

a little water colour wonder...

 Hi there craft lovers, I've had a very special weekend of birthday love, my eldest daughter flew over from Melbourne and was able to join our family for a birthday dinner at our favourite restaurant, the only one missing was daughter number two as she is currently living back in the UK ;-(.
 Anyhooo! this post is about the wonderful medium of water colour, I love dabbling in a bit of water colour technique and this was no exception.
 Whilst attending this year's Stampin'Up! south pacific convention on the
Gold Coast, I was privileged to watch a lovely young lady called Petra Tailor do a really lovely technique in one of the booths. this first card is my interpretation of her technique, using a few different colours but I love this technique and will definitely be using it again. Can you spot the beautiful new set called  'You've got this' I'm totally in love with this set, the sentiments alone are good reason to have this set in your stash. check it out on page 113 of the new catalogue, if you don't have one you can either browse it on line on my website found to the right after the 2nd of June, or you can contact me for your very own hard copy.
the colours aren't that great in this photo but I'll do my best to get another one done soon to show you, I've used the new colours Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron and the returning colour Night of navy. The ribbon is Wisteria wonder seam binding and the card is matted onto silver foil, onto brushed silver then onto Whisper white.
 The second card is a new technique I've developed using an aqua brush to do the thumping technique instead of the usual marker pen way. I have used the new colours that were mentioned above as well as Old Olive and Rich Razzelberry. Just click on pictures for better view of colours.

The stamped image of the tree is from another of my go-to sets called Sheltering tree. I hope this post adds a little serenity to your week, if you would like to learn these and other techniques please contact me for details on my classes or check out my list of up coming classes on my web site : http://charmainesinkyhugs.stampinup.net/  lots of inky hugs from ........

No comments:

Post a Comment