Wednesday, January 8, 2020

A flower by any other name...

 Hello my dear craft loving friends,
Firstly I'd like to thank all those who took the time to visit my page on the blog hop last Sunday, it was lovely to be invited to join and I really enjoyed reading all your lovely and encouraging comments, I really loved visiting all the other very talented demonstrators blogs and seeing all those incredible projects. There' certainly some amazing talent out there.
 I thought I would keep the ball rolling so to speak and show you another card I have made using the products from our new mini for 2020, this one is using mostly the DSP which coordinates with the Best Dressed Suite on pages 54-56, I just gave myself a challenge to NOT use more than one stamp for this card and instead try to use the beautiful DSP (designer series paper) to make the card shine.
 I don't mind a bit of fussy cutting and actually find it quite therapeutic "I know you think I'm a bit weird now".
 So after fussy cutting the flowers from one sheet of the paper which is 6''x 6'', I used a pearlised doily and coloured the edges with a Stampin' blend marker I cut into one side to allow me to ruffle the edges and the adhere the finished doily to the underside of the circle which was cut using the Stitched shapes dies, I stamped the Happy Mother's day sentiment from the Dressed to Impress stamp set in a coordinating colour of Old Olive, the flowers and leaves were all fussy cut and some of them were sitting on a cushy bed of dimensionals to give the card height and texture. I added a few Old Olive rhinestones for a little bling and some wink of stella over the centers of the flowers.
 The inside just had a few more little blossoms to carry the theme through. I hope you like it and I hope my mother in law likes it when it comes to mother's day too.
 Thank you so much for stopping by and I do love to see your comments.

Take care, inky hugs from .....

No comments:

Post a Comment