Thursday, January 16, 2020

Dinosaurs for Miss Three

Hi and welcome, I've been busy re designing my crafting area with the help of my very clever hubby who has been building new cabinets and shelving to store my enormous collection of stamps and tools from over twenty years. Before and after photos will come soon.
 Due to this process of completely clearing out my studio and adjoining room I haven't been able to do any actual crafting but I did make a few cards before the whole process began. One of which was for my gorgeous little Granddaughter who lives in Melbourne with her mummy and daddy, she turned three on Monday and is an absolute joy in our lives, she loves dinosaurs and is very good at naming them, the family came over to Western Australia to visit us for an early Christmas in Nov and every time we went out for a drive we would hear a little voice from the back seat say "dinosaurs" when we approached a certain rd, none of us could see what she could see and we turned to her to ask where she could see dinosaurs, so without delay she answered "Pterodactyls" Well you could imagine how impressed Gigi (me) and Granddad were that she even knew how to say Pterodactyls, let alone know what one looked like at the ripe old age of two, but then she proceeded to point up to the electricity lines which had spacers on them which really looked like pterodactyls.
 A few days later we all went  to visit  Aqwa which is a beautiful sea aquarium filled with all the sea creatures from around our shores, there was a really lovely gift shop at the finish of the tour so we all popped in for a little look around, Granddad found some plush toys and among them were some different dinosaurs so he thought he'd ask miss T what they were, he showed her the first one which she looked at and counted the horns before shouting Triceratops, we and all the other customers were very shocked, then he pulled out a pterodactyl and of course she impressed everyone again. So I thought it only appropriate that I try and make her a Dinosaur card with the afore mentioned creatures adorning it. I made sure there were three of her favourite dinos to count flying in and on her card.  I made the card using some of our current DSP (designer paper) and stamped the 'Look who's turning' sentiment from a retired set called 'Number of years' I heat embossed it with Pool Party embossing powder. The dinos were all fussy cut and I enjoyed every minute of creating this card for our special little granddaughter. I even managed to find a dinosaur that the googly eyes fitted on.
 I hope you like it as much as she did...
Thanks for stopping by, inky hugs from ...

No comments:

Post a Comment