Saturday, July 12, 2014

Winter pop-up gardens.....

Hello there lovely paper crafters, I know it's been a while yet again since my last post and I'm not going to bore you with details. I'm sure you would rather see some crafting and colour to brighten up your Winter day (if you happen to live in Australia that is).
 I've been running some fun classes at home where my stampin' friends and I have been exploring the world of alcohol markers, we started simply and made these awesome pop-up cards with pretty flowers inside, some of my friends wanted an alternative to colouring so I made two versions of the one card, the first uses pure stamping and ink pads, along with the "Flower shop" ,"Petite Petals" and "Papillon Potpourri" stamp sets. The Bitty Butterfly, Pansy and Petite Petals punches were also used so no fussy hand cutting (Bonus!). The second card uses the "Flower Shop" set as well as the bird builder and the Elegant butterfly punch along with the other punches used on the first card. The flowers were all coloured-in using alcohol markers for that vibrant colour.
 I love both versions and had heaps of fun with these interactive cards, they can be all flattened to fit snugly into their sleeve and then I made a special envelope for them to fit into for mailing and when the recipient receives them, they can open them up to see their own little Winter garden of colour.
 I found the idea for these cards on the net and also got some great help from a fellow demo called Libby Dyson who has made a wonderful video on how to make them, I altered the measurements slightly to fit my version. The backs of the sleeves have a White card on them to write your sentiment and you can also fit a gift card neatly behind the pop-up flowers for a special extra.
I hope you like them too.
 stamped with Stampin'Up! ink pads.

 coloured-in using alcohol markers.
lots of inky hugs from.........

No comments:

Post a Comment