Sunday, June 19, 2011

A bit of Nautical art...

Hello out there in Blog land, I hope you have been enjoying a lovely weekend. I've certainly cheered up since my last post and can happily report that my nasty cold is well on it's way out!
I had a wonderful saturday and went to my second Copics class with my lovely friend and downline Michelle, who also happend to be celebrating her birthday ;-) After finishing our class I went on to my youngest daughter's house to attend a Neutrimetics party, lots of pampering and chatting, then off home to get ready for a dinner rendezvous with friends at a wonderful Chinese restaurant. Very Yummy! To top the weekend off, we rose bright and early this morning to ride the Harley out with fifty five other Harley owners, we all met up at Perth Harley's then rode out to Mundering wier for a quick refreshment, then onto Chidlow for a srcummy lunch before heading home. We were really lucky and only encountered some light rain just before reaching home, it was another fabulous day shared with great friends and really made me feel truly blesssed to be alive.





These two cards were made with the new stamp called sail Away, it's in the new Autumn/Winter mini and can be found on page 22 with the other a la carte single stamps. I used a brayer to colour the background fo the card above after embossing the sails with some clear embossing powder to resist the ink, I saw a card similar to this on the web somewhere and unfortunately have lost the name of the clever person I cased it from so if it's your's please let me know so I can give proper credit to you. The top card was water coloured using our very versitile ink pads which double as palletes very easily. I also used the little tag punch and tiny tags stamp set to add the embellishments, I think this one is appropriate to send to my brother as he is still working at sea like so many of my family members.


Oh well, take care, lots of inky hugs from....


1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I feel like i'm back in the yacht in Torquay.

    ReplyDelete