Friday, April 10, 2009

Fresh Cuts.


Hello all, I am enjoying a restful day today after having a very busy week with classes and parties. I also had the added stress of knowing my dear dad was in having his double hip operation yesterday, I rang mum last night and he came through the op ok and was asleep when she rang the hospital. Thank you to everyone who has sent up good thoughts and prayers for him. I had a chance to finally put some ink on a few of my new stamp sets and this is one of them. It is called Fresh cuts and lends itself well to a lot of different ink techniques, the one I have used this time is called the "Smoosh" technique, I loaded a piece of acrylic with ink from all the new In-Colour stamp pads, then spritzed it with some water, then put a piece of very vanilla card stock into the ink and smooshed it around. Then stamped my image on the top of these colours in Choc chip ink. I used the same technique on card stock before cutting out the flower with the five petal punch, I decorated both sides of the envelope with stamps from the same set and it is now winging it's way to a fellow member of the stamp club I belong to, I hope she likes it. Oh well, enjoy your Easter and I'll post some pics of another new set tomorrow. Lots of inky hugs from .....

3 comments:

  1. First off, glad to hear you dad is doing ok. 2nd *ly* so that is what smooshing is!!! I know it by another name, that I have forgotten of course!!
    Be thinking of you and prayers to your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your dad is doing ok and thinking of your mum and especailly you here of course where you would feel abit like your hands are tied. Well chin up, smell the roses and make cards to keep your mind busy!
    Not long now only weeks away till Convention:)

    ReplyDelete