Tuesday, April 14, 2009

That Rooster is back in our yard!

Hi all, Well what a nice day I've had today. I had some friends over for their Technique Tuesday class, we made a card and spent the rest of the day just chatting. My brother rang me to tell me that dad is looking a little better after the third transfusion and is even getting his wicked sense of humour back. Apparently my dad said to my brother "this is the first time in two and a half years that I have no pain" So I guess it's all been worth it for him to say that. I'm a lot happier knowing my brother is home looking after mum and I may get some sleep tonight.
I made this card the same day as the other Rooster card I showed you yesterday, I used Stampin' Up! water colour crayons to colour him in and out lined him with a marker to make him pop a bit. The background is "smoosh" technique with Riding Hood red, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate chip and Creamy Caramel inks on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock. This is mounted onto a piece of Ridding Hood red, then onto Basic Black and finally onto a piece of Very Vanilla Which I stamped the feathered scroll onto in Creamy Caramel. You can just spot the script in the background of the Rooster and the little Paris postage mark to the right hand side, these are both from the Rustic Rooster set. Thanks for visiting, take care and if you can hug your dad. Lots of love from....

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear your dad is doing better :) love the roosters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Charmaine!
    My name is Nadia and browsing google for baroque items, i found your blog!
    You-re so talented, i love the items that you create! I was wondering, do you have a shop? I would love to purchase things from you, if possible!
    Keep up the great work, and i hope your dad is well =)
    nadia
    nfj.84@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOOOOOVE this card, you are the queen of colouring! And I do so adore rooster images.

    ReplyDelete