Saturday, September 25, 2010

collapsible trinket box.

Hi weekend crafters,
I hope you are all enjoying a peasant start to your public holiday if you live in western Australia, the weather is certainly beautiful today. I busy keeping up with all my household chores, so that when I go away on my holiday to Cambodia next week, everything is left in order for my DD to look after for us. It is our 25th wedding anv. so we decided to forgo the party and go on a little break together, it's been a long time dream of my hubby's to go and visit Angkor Wat in Siem Reap to take photos of all the temples. He is a very enthusiastic photographer and loves to visit places that he knows will make good photos. So I think I'm going to choose where we go on our thirtieth:-)
Here are a few pictures of a little trinket box I made last weekend, I actually made two, so I'll show you the other one later. This one uses the flavour of the month stamp set which is Artistic Etchings. I hope you're not fed up with seeing it yet "LOL" I have also used the Love Letters DSP to decorate behind the Eiffel tower and keys, I also used just a tiny bit of the new platinum shimmer paint to highlight a few areas of the keys and tower. The great thing about this little box, is that it can be made collapsible which makes it easy to send though the post or keep folded in your sample box etc. I just stamped the sides and back, then put a closer on the front to hold it shut. The closure is made from one 3/4'' circle and a 1/2' circle with a brad in the centre.

Here's a pic of it when it has been collapsed. I will show you the other one tomorrow and "No" I haven't used Artistic etchings for it :-)
Thanks for stopping by today, lots of inky hugs from....


2 comments:

  1. Lovely box, terrific for sending through the mail! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boxes are a fantastic idea - especially since you can mail them flat! Have fun on your holiday and can't wait to see the photos :)

    ReplyDelete