Thursday, May 13, 2010

Heritage scrapbook page.

Hello there, I hope this finds you all well, we had a great downfall of rain last night and it was such a shock to hear rain, it actually woke me up with a start. It's lovely to see everywhere begin to green up again, I love the winter months. This next page has been inspired by two very talented Stampin'Up!® demos, the first one is Teneale Williams who used this technique and stamp to make a lovely card for one of Makeesha's challenges, the other one is Sarah Klass who made this scrap page up to display a gorgeous photo of her little girl. It's one of those pages that you can change the look of with just a different colour or a bit of sponging, as I have done here to make it look oldy worldly. I have put in a photo pf the steam ship Marion and the journaling tells all about her. I've used a piece of very vanilla 12x12'' card stock and then added the kraft A4 and a five inch by A4 piece of Baja breeze to do the emboss resist technique on, there is a strip of very vanilla which I have used the eyelet border punch on and of course the two top note pieces, the little flower was made by punching out three scalloped circles from baja breeze, then putting them through the crimper several times (and I mean SEVERAL) til they start to break down and you can peal them aprt. Then scrunch them up and put a brad through the centre to hold them together. The big gorgeous stamp used for the tech part of the page is our wonderful new very versatile Medallion stamp from the mini and the little lacy bit around the topnote is from Vintage vogue. Soft Suede, Kraft and very vanilla cardstock surround the photo, I have sponged some creamy caramel and soft suede ink on the edges of the cardstock. You can click on the picture to have a more detailed look. Hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by, take care, lots of inky hugs from...

3 comments:

  1. Wow Char! This is beautiful. I've meaning to try out Teneale's technique too. You've done a beautiful job on this page. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charmaine I think I Love this page even more than when I saw it the first time....... if that is possible!! Looking forward to having a go myself... Hope you are enjoying convention.... Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layout! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete